Sunday, May 30, 2010

Make Your Deal Attractive and Hard to Resist


A friend and I recently made plans to have dinner at a nearby restaurant and catch a movie premier the same night. As we all know, an evening out can easily become expensive. She had heard the restaurant was offering a great dinner deal that included an appetizer, entree, and dessert for an affordable price. Participating in this dinner opportunity which provided a great selection of menu items, also entitled you to purchase a discounted movie ticket. I thought this was a great idea after taking in to account my evening would have easily cost double if I didn't.

The restaurant worker assured us the ticket could be used that evening, but I believed the movie ticket would have to be used another time because often they cannot be used at premier night(rules set by the production company.) Imagine my surprise when we arrived at the box office, and learned that- yes we could use them!

After replaying the evening in my mind I remembered the restaurant remained busy while we were there. I could hear many people taking advantage of this dinner special.

Everyone enjoys going to the theatre at some point, but often avoid it because of the price. Making it affordable made the trip to the restaurant worthwhile. Plus, the food was tasty. Had the special not have been occuring we may not have rushed to the restaurant. Now that we were offered a great deal, good food, friendly service, and an establishment truthful with their word, I will definitely return. They also have created new fans of this establishment that will spread the word.

Think of something that everyone would enjoy or use that your business can offer. Add it on as an attractive bonus to an already good deal to generate business. Make it worthwhile, and people will travel the distance to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment