Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Stay at Home Moms Get to Eat Bon Bons All Day Long! GRRRR!

I just finished watching an episode of Dr. Phil (thanks to my TIVO,) and saw the craziest thing. A discussion was occurring about a recent study that had reported stay at home mothers have an extra 30-40 hours a week. Are you kidding? I would love to know how this is possible because whoever it is should write a book about multi-tasking and get it on the New York Times Best Sellers list. They have a secret weapon that others need to know about. Now, I consider myself a fairly good multi-tasker and I can get a fair amount accomplished daily, but I still feel there isn’t enough time to accomplish many things. That is in between researching for my articles, cooking, cleaning, writing, going back and forth to the elementary school, working the family budget, dealing with a sick child, the needs of a college age daughter, husband, aging parents, going to martial arts class (for my daughter,) getting some time in the gym (when I can squeeze it in,) and so many other things…Where are those free hours? I have to TIVO any shows I want to see, so I can save time by not having to watch commercials. Ladies give me your thoughts on this one.

2 comments:

Swannee Rivers said...

I could not agree with you more, there simply is not enough hours in the DAY for Mother's to get everything done. Please keep in mind that there are different types of Stay At Home Mom's. There is the "Business / Work From Home Mom" such as yourself, and then there is the "Stay At Home Mom" that doesn't work from home. Regardless of what they meant, there is no such thing as a "down time" for a Mom. We are on duty 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Outraged Mom, Texas

Swannee Rivers said...

Comments received directly by me receive approval prior to posting on this website.

Post a Comment