Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Opportunity to Learn Comes When You Least Expect it


Today was a beautiful day in our suburb. The sun was shining brightly, birds were singing, and the sound of lawn mowers going could be heard outdoors. Sneeze, sneeze, sniffle... spring is coming and allergy season is in full bloom. I decided I wanted to spend extra time with my youngest daughter running a few errands and enjoying our time together. I strongly believe in daily business promotion, gratitude...but I just wanted to relax for a while after having been ill all week. We headed out with smiles on our faces.

The day ended up being enjoyable, but I knew later in the evening I still had to do some work research, and business promotion. But, I needed to call a family member before I could do just that. I intended to make the call earlier in the week but this was another thing illness had prevented me from doing on schedule. Once the call was made, our conversation turned in to hours of fun. Yes, I did say hours. We talked and laughed about so many things, and then the conversation turned to business. Unplanned networking, questionnaire session, and so much more... I came away from that conversation filled with another level of knowledge, it was amazing. It was then that I was reminded that often when we allow ourselves to just go with the flow, our business networking emerges at its best and it becomes fun not just work.

No comments:

Post a Comment