Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Are We Really In Charge of the Schedule?

This is a question I have had plenty of time to ponder upon during the past couple of days. As I reviewed 2009 I realize how blessed I am. Looking at the difficulties in the world: the recession, healthcare,violence,natural disasters etc. I have really taken the time to recognize that on a daily basis my life needs are being met and we (family) are still making it. I am grateful.

After ringing in the new year with a delicious Philly Cheese Steak sandwich, and going to the theatre to check out the amazing movie Avatar- if you haven't seen it, be sure to check it out... I watched Dick Clark's New Year Rockin Eve as the final minutes of 2009 ticked away. I had my schedule in hand, and knew what was going to happen on 1/4/10 after my youngest daughter was dropped off at school. I had the schedule planned, and business was going to be taken care of. Then it happened! You might wonder what it is. It is life. I was struck with an unexpected illness that had me confined to the house and bed for the next few days. Boy was I mad. This wasn't on the schedule. But, I guess that is a life lesson. Sometimes we have plans for what we think is coming, and then we learn we are not always in charge. This is how life is, and this is how your business ventures will be.

Seize it as an opportunity to revise the schedule, face the challenges, and come back stronger than ever. That is what I am going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment