Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sally Petersen Interview Part 2

Part two of the interview with author and entrepreneur Sally Petersen is now available. Part 1 can be found on my June 7th post.

6. Has writing this book changed your life in anyway, and if so how?
Yes. Anyone who actually finishes writing a book knows what a monumental task that is. Just to finish is a victory; to see it published and helping people is wonderful. I am grateful to people like Swannee who caught the confidence of Dream and want to share it to help others.

7. What advice would you have for up and coming entrepreneurs?
If you have one, keep your day job while doing the start up work on your business, if it's not a conflict of interest. Start slow, create small successes and you'll learn safely. When it's time to cut loose, you'll know.

8. What is the hardest part about running your own business?
Finding time to do everything. I tell my readers, if you can't manage your time, you won't make it. Other than that, everyone has a "hardest part." For me, it's marketing, for some it’s the financial details; others have trouble closing a sale.

9. Tell us about your new literary work and where the idea came from?
I view life as a series of little episodes or stories, and I've wanted to tell them. I have a quirky view of work, kids, what I see when I travel, people. Tea Pie, Love and Reality is a collection of very short pieces—some funny, some thoughtful—about life. Many readers relate to them.

10. How is your new literary work different from what you have done in the past?
It's more personal. I'm a private person and have written for newspapers, magazines and businesses, not about myself and my take on life. Tea Pie was a stretch.

11. What are your future plans?
My next writing will be memoir. I grew up in the Midwest and have watched decades of change in our world. I have changed also during that time. I want to write about a life many women will relate to, just as many people relate to the stories in Tea Pie and the idea of your own business in Dream. Stay tuned.

12. How do you define success?
Success for me means developing and maintaining a secure financial base so I can follow my dream of fulfilling work, travel, and using whatever skills I possess to help those who cross my path.

Sally's books are available on Amazon.com and through her website, PetersenPublications.com. She and her husband, also a writer, send a periodic newsletter. If you would like to receive it, sign up on the website in the Media/Resources room or send your email address to sally@PetersenPublications.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment