Sunday, April 11, 2010

You Want My Voice to Sound Like Who?


Well, as you all know when I find something interesting to share with you I will. I report my experiences and will never ask you to substitute my opinions for your own. Here is an unusual experience I wanted to tell you about. Often in newspapers and online you will see ads asking for individuals interested in being cast as an extra in a film that is being made, or asking for individuals that are interested in becoming actors…well I saw one of those ads recently and decided to inquire about this. If something seems interesting and may prove to be a good method for individuals to earn a little extra money to add to their family budget, then why not? This could also prove to be work that is fun as well. I can still remember years ago when Jaclyn Smith was filming a television movie in my hometown, there was a need for extras for a church wedding scene, I was able to participate in that. There was no pay for this, but I was able to meet her and I adored her, so the opportunity to speak with her was all I needed. She is beautiful in person by the way. After calling the number listed in the ad and asking a few questions, I felt this would be interesting…flexible hours, the opportunity for individuals to work from home, work when you wanted to, no pressure. If something sounds too good to be true, remember it usually is. Then, the strangest question was asked of me. “Can you do an accent?” Well, I haven’t been professionally trained but felt I could do a decent job. Why did they want to know this? What kind of accent were they seeking? I thought they just wanted extras to fill in a scene. About a minute later sitting there holding the phone with my mouth hanging open, I realized why. This wasn’t a part time job I would necessarily rush out to refer to my friends desiring to work from home.

 

They were seeking actresses, but not to work as an extra. This over the telephone work was a little more than I anticipated because you would be fulfilling fantasies for others….talk about a misleading ad. So, the next time you see the advertisement claiming to provide a wonderful work at home opportunity for stay at home mothers desiring to make a good salary, set their own hours, become their own boss, have no stress, working one on on one with others, while facing new challenges daily, think again! They may be asking for a price, you are not willing to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment