Wednesday, April 28, 2010

If They Want Your Money, Beware!


With the economy still in a volatile state, consumers are hanging on to their purse strings tighter than ever. I, too find that I am watching my pennies a little more to stretch them further. One thing that makes me angry is when I hear about people being scammed. When I hear complaints about this occurring, I will spread the word. Recently, I have been hearing about more people networking to connect with others that are interested in starting a business or improving the one they have already established. Now, don’t get me wrong I am in no way saying networking is bad, but what is bad is when you are tricked in to spending money  you don’t need to. Several consumers contacted me stating they had connected with others online and were instructed to send a payment to be “a part of the business group.” This caused my alarm to go off immediately. For one a book or product wasn’t being purchased. A seminar wasn’t happening. This was strictly a means to be allowed to sit in. Why should you have to pay for that? There may be times when this becomes necessary, but I want you all to know that there are other free ways to connect with others in your area who maintain similiar business goals. Before you open your wallet, take a closer look at who you are networking with.

No comments:

Post a Comment